Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Alexis, take two . . .

Do you have those kind of forever-friends who have just been in your life for . . . . well, forever? I am blessed to have a handful of these girls, now women, who started their friend-dom with me simply because our mothers, or parents, were the best of friends. One of these girls, in particular, has been in my life literally since before I was born. We grew up as playmates, have become heartmates, and our lives have always been intertwined as if we are family (which deep down, I think we are).

Now, because we remember playing together when we didn't know how to tie our shoes and when we thought boys were disgusting, it somehow seems unfathomable that we have grown up to the extent that we could possibly have children of our own. But we do, and it's just how we always knew, deep down, that it would be.

This is my second shoot with Miss Alexis and she is being very patient with me. The first time I took some newbie pictures of her, it was on film, and truthfully neither of us were having our best day. We did better with round two although she taught me a thing or two about why all good photographers should never forget the manual for their fancy new camera! Anyway, I hope to capture her each month as she grows and her Mom is a willing participant in Jenny's school of digital children's photography. So, yay! And without futher ado . . .



Isn't she GORGEOUS? Those blue eyes and yes, oh yes - the hair is going to be red if Miss A has her way. Which I think she does most of the time. You go, honeybear!



I love the newborn tongue-thrusty thing in this one . . . She was actually telling me to buzz off, she was tired.

This is Alexis and her Mommy -- my forever-friend and her beautiful girl. Yup, they just belong together.

3 comments:

Dana said...

the last one is my favorite. just thought I'd tell you that...

Kels said...

We are so lucky to have you in our lives. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. The pictures look beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I love the finger holding pic!