Monday, June 15, 2009

the gratitude project

my uber fun and fantastic friend, dana, is hosting a photography challenge! my other amazing and admired friend, tara, took up the challenge and the project was born. the task, to capture 5 images that express gratitude. the challenge was due today!

i was so excited to take part, but decided last night that i would sit this one out as my weekend adventures did not allow me time to breathe, let alone capture anything. but this morning, i decided that i am ABUNDANTLY GRATEFUL and this is exactly why i needed to take some time, no matter how short, to capture some tiny bits of my happy thanks. i had ten minutes in my kitchen and on my front step!

most simply . . .

i am grateful for my will. he makes me burst with pride and reminds me that the world is a good and gracious place. my little gentleman.



i am so very grateful for my baby boy. my sweet jack makes me laugh until i cry every day. he teaches me patience and curiousity and flat out love.



i am grateful that i can see and experience simple beauty in my everyday world. my senses are gifts that i try not to take for granted. some days, i feel like i am a guest at a big ole sensory buffet and i can't get enough! dee-licious.



and i am so very grateful for my home. in the place and time and circumstances in which i live. holy cow, am i ever grateful.


thank-you dana! loved it. needed it. will do it again!

p.s. yes, that is my newly painted red front door. but there has been a mishap
(oh no!) and i have since found out that the paint-store lady inadvertantly gave me the wrong base. i have to sand it down and paint it again!!!! but she kindly replaced the paint, so . . . . please excuse the streaky mess! but nice color, hey?

6 comments:

audrey said...

Your door looks fabulous. Great colour. Beautiful photos of your kids...lots to be grateful for.

Dana said...

Hey Jenny!! That second shot of Jack is delish. And, your door looks awesome!!! We are soooo lucky....my gratitude cup is overflowing today. It truly is. Love you...I am truly grateful for you!! (and Will and Jack...okay, Kev, too!!!) Hope to see you soon!!

Rebecca said...

Jenny I am at work and occasionally check your site for smiles and to feel better in the course of a work day. With that I saw this and smiled through tears with the happiness you express in the love and gratitude for your life. Your boys and your love of them made me want to go steal my own back from daycare and run home with him for some cuddles and laughter.
I my dear girl am grateful that you are in my life....such a chance meeting but a spirit that lifts my soul with every small or large interaction!
BTW your boys make me want to squish the stuffing out of them. Sooo beautiful. they both have your light in their eyes.
Much hugs sweetie and oh the door is an amazing color!
hugs and love Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and LOVE the door. You have got me thinking about the terracotta of your neighbours door.
xoxo Gabe

julie said...

ahhh, refreshing and beautiful!! I am glad that we will do this again.

julie said...

I keep forgetting to share mine- here they are !!
http://www.jewelimage.ca/blog/