Monday, January 28, 2008

A work in progress . . .

My first official blog entry . . . yay! First off, I have to relay my insecurities about even titling my blog Jenny Drake Photography. Mostly, it feels very bold to label myself a 'photographer' and beyond that, seeing my name in type leads me to ask "Jenny Drake -- who is THAT?" But let me explain. This blog, similar to my life at the moment, is a work in progress. Boldly, I am attempting to create time and space in my life to indulge my passion for photography - and specifically, children's photography. At the moment, my excitement far outweighs my skill, but I'm learning?! So please stay tuned and bear with me -- I would love any comments, or critique, and heartily welcome feedback.

But before I begin, I already need to do an introductory shout-out to my friend Dana who has, thusfar, been my guru in the children's photography world. Dana, who knew? - on so many levels, who knew? So to you Dana, a heartfelt thank-you for your generosity, for your knowledge, and for your laughter. I can totally hear you cheering me on - "fly, Fleance, fly!" Thanks, honey.

And the gorgeous girl in my current header is my Hailey -- well, she's not actually mine, she's my niece and my god-daughter. She's also one of my daily inspirations to live life OUTLOUD because, simply - it is way, way more fun that way. I know the picture is not very seasonally appropriate, however, it is so cold and I thought we could use a little sunshine. And what a little sunshine she is. I'm sure you will be seeing alot more of Miss H.! Love you sweetpea.

Here goes nothing . . . .

10 comments:

Dana said...

FLY FLEANCE FLY!!! Congratulations on the launch of your blog! It took me months to get an actual 'header' so you are wayyy ahead of me baby ;)

Look at me COMMENTING on your blog ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats for the blog! It looks awesome and what a great way to keep us all up to date and show off your photog skills.

Anonymous said...

Love it!! So... now where are the rest of the pictures??? I can't wait. The one of Hailey is gorgeous. When can you come and photograph Kaia?!?
(Ps. I especially love "Jack and Will went up the hill". Ha!)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! As they say the first step is the hardest and I am sure this is the beginning of great things for you. I certainly would love to be a client. Can't wait to see more pics!

Kels said...

Congratulations Jen - your site looks fabulous. I think it is wonderful that you are embarking on this path that you feel so passionate about. Although you don't need it, I wish you the best of luck. Your picture of Alexis I have coined "pretty in pink" and it has been a MAJOR hit with Nan.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It looks great and I can't wait to see more pictures - not that I need convincing that you are great.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jenny for being an inspration to us all. Your photos can't help but be beautiful because they come from your heart.

You make me want to have lots of babies just so you can take their pictures.

Bravo to you!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great way to share your talent with friends. I can't wait for you to come take pictures of my boys and when my belly gets really big, prenatal pictures. Congratulations!

Pamela

Anonymous said...

Great photos Jen - this site is a great idea... can't wait to see more.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

What took you so long to realize the talent that has always been there? Love what you're doing. Get in line everyone!