Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Meet Kaia.

When I was pregnant with my second son, my first son, Will, decided that he would have a baby too. He picked out an adorable baby girl doll (from my Mom's preschool classroom where she teaches, not attends) and carried her around everywhere. He put her in the baby's carseat, in the baby's crib in the awaiting nursery, and occasionally under his shirt.

He named her baby Kaia and he LOVED her. Now the name was not random as there was a sweet little girl in our playgroup who remarkably resembled the doll (or vice versa I think). Anyway, meet baby Kaia:




It's a year later and baby Kaia is still very loved at our house, but she doesn't come out to play quite as often. The real Kaia, however, is still at playgroup and has grown into the most ADORABLE little girl:







I have been just dying to post on Kaia because she gave me some of the cutest captures yet. The shoot was a success in that I have learned a little more about my camera and settings and a LOT more about gorgeous blue eyes.




My favorite shots of the day came from moments when we weren't trying to 'get a shot.' A break for snack-time yielded some cute poses with an orange.





Sweet like this too . . . .


But this one is my really favorite. Kaia and her simply remarkable Mom, Amy.



Love to finish with the B & W. Hmmm . . . think I'm enjoying this a little? Thanks to K & A for their patience with me . . . I have SO many shots - dancing, laughing, cuddling. Couldn't do it without such a cute-ay patoot-ay baby girl in front of the lens. Hm!

3 comments:

Dana said...

love the hand in the mouth picture and the feet picture. And--of course, the one with her mom--because we all need to be in the pictures more often ;) Nice processing...cute kid indeed!

Anonymous said...

How much fun was that?? I can't tell you how thrilled I am with all of these shots. You are truly talented.

Haven said...

Wonderful post.thanks ..........