Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And then there were five . . .

I had a Sunday morning walk in the park with this great family. It reminded me of why, someday, I would like more children. Seriously. Every moment holds something new. Somebody is always needing a hug or cuddle or a boost. There were limbs everywhere. Total fun.

It also made me realize that I haven't shot many families with lots of kids (well, more than two) and there are challenges that come along with that perfect family shot. But here's the thing. Imperfect is perfect. What family with three little ones really sits still and smiles directly ahead? This, I love:

And the kids all had such distinct personalities, as little ones always do. Big brother 'B' and I could have chatted for hours about all things kindergarten and Playstation. Check out these eyes . . . And I always immediately identify with the middle child (gee, I wonder why?). 'S' was a bit of a tough one to catch with the lens - I do have lots of sweet shots of her face, but am drawn to the ones where you can sense her shyness . . .
Baby 'P' was a sweet 'P' for sure -- so cute. So on the go . . . .

Thanks guys for a great time, can't wait to get the rest done for you. Enjoy the summer sun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with these pics, I can't wait to see the rest!! Thank you so much for being so amazing with the kids and being able to capture their personalities on film. You are so intuitive and talented.

Anonymous said...

Jenny as always amazing capture of family and energy! Hugs..your touch is growing more and more! I wish you could take pictures of my world every month!