Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle . . . .

So much to post on!! Where do I start?

Earlier this month, I had the absolute pleasure to attend the Secret Workshop in Seattle, hosted by the very talented and very business-savvy Cheryl Muhr. I learned ALOT. Graciously, Cheryl shared all of her experience and her 'secrets' in a very hands-on workshop . . . and she surprised us with a 'secret' guest that knocked everyone's socks off. The one, the only Tara Whitney! Are you gasping? Check her stuff out and you will be.

I was star struck. I honestly don't think that has ever happened to me before. I so admire the spirit in which Tara captures families in her work. Her images often leave me happily teary-eyed as you can truly feel the emotions in her images. I honestly had trouble falling asleep the night before the course because I was SO excited to meet her. I was sleepless in Seattle.

This is Tara during the child model shoot portion of the course:


We had the amazing opportunity to observe both Cheryl and Tara work. It was simply awesome and inspiring. And then we had the chance to shoot the child models that were there. These kids and their parents were total troupers in crazy hot weather with a bunch of crazy-making photographers running around. Here are some of my shots:

This little girl was a total sweetie, so shy and gentle.

This little guy was a cutie-patootie and made me work for it. Good on him.

And these two sisters were infectious with their giggles!


I had a total blast being surrounded by fellow photographers and a couple of great friends (shout out to Dana and Steph). I have LOTS more to say about Seattle . . . to be continued!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear friend. You are so very talented! I love the color in each and every one-- and especially love the close-up of Miss Sweetness nervously biting her lip. Great capture! Keep 'em coming. XOXO Your Sleepless in Seattle Roomie :) Steph