Thursday, January 1, 2009

More and Less . . .

Happy New Year! I know I've been vacant for a little while, and more on that later, but hello 2009!! I've been doing alot of thinking about what 2008 brought me, and what it didn't . . . and even more thinking about my hopes and thoughts for 2009. Things I plan to do with resolve.

The last year brought a few surprises and few disappointments. That's good. I travelled more. Took more pictures. Met great people and a few not so great. I neither lost nor gained a family member. Hmmm. Watched less tv. Drank more Pepsi. I took a trip just me, for me. I watched my children grow. I bought jeans that fit. I sang more. I found an old friend. Then another. I found direction. Then lost it. Then found it again. I felt pretty in a really pretty dress. I was proud of my family. I surprised myself. I held young hands. And old. I stood up for myself. Let myself down. I was thank-full. Regret-full. Peace-full. Beauty-filled.

This year, I will laugh more. Cry less. I will try to only do things that ultimately bring me joy. I will read more. I will sleep more. I will sleep more. I will sleep more. I will take vitamins. Take an unexpected trip. Play my piano. Play my guitar. Hug my parents often. Listen to new music everyday. Run like I mean it. Learn more from my children. Learn more from my friends. I will give more, and expect less. Both of, and to, myself and others. I will find my feet. I will write more. Learn to let go. I will make beautiful art and see it that way. Share more. Have less. Touch more. Dance more. Definitely will dance more. I will teach a class. Reconnect with someone important. Be more congruent outside and in. Leave a lighter footprint on the earth. Declutter. Decide. I will be more genuine and less impatient. I will continue to be in love. Be brave. Be happy.

I also wanted to share some new music that just makes my day. I found out there in cyberworld. I adore this song. Enjoy "in love, in love, in love" by songstress Valeri Lopez. I sure do . . .



Happy New Year . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You inspire me honey! Thank you for writing all that! We need to book for april for the big one year for Hawkeye! Love rebecca hugs