Tuesday, May 26, 2009

my front door and a ditty

it's still tuesday and here i am! soooo . . . here is my door:

it's pretty much white. with dark grey trim and a silver kickplate. and surrounded by stucco. it has a wreath. i love wreaths, love circles. you can find them all over my home (and in my logo). and they are all moving clockwise in my mind.

i never really realized (until i just wrote it) that i see shapes moving directionally. huh, there you go! i do.

my front door is blah and bland and needs help. i want it to be warm and welcoming and friendly. i want it to welcome me into it's arms and say "hey jennygirl, come on in, you are home." and then shut ever so lightly behind me to reveal the joys of my house that are held within. hahahahaha. but seriously, i do.

moving on . . . here is a tuesday tune! i had a request for a more upbeat song (yeah, you amy), so i'm offering up a couple, actually. the first is an awesome remake of one of my favorite songs EVER (woo-hoo journey). this song premiered last week in an episode of fox's glee. i was ready to love the show - and i'm not quite sure if i did - but i LOVED the song. it hit #1 on itunes.



the second track just makes me happy. this is greg laswell singing how the day sounds:



i found that sampling through a blog i follow called untitled records. head over there and meet rachel. her taste in music is superb. just saying.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ha. you crack me up. Still giggling.
LOVE the Journey remake. I swear, every wedding I've been to over the last 2 years sees large groups of people air-guitaring to that song with all their heart.

Jenny Drake said...

okay, I just rewatched that greg laswell video and it makes me long to do a photo shoot in a supermarket. grocery store. super market. whatever they are called these days. :)