Sunday, March 22, 2009

And the winner is . . . .

. . . . canvas #4!!

The little dude with the big brown eyes was one of my very first portfolio building sessions way back in May of last year. This year, he is awaiting the arrival of a new baby in his family and has grown leaps and bounds.


His Momma was a ruthless competitor and shared news of his canvas debut with many, garnering 76 individual votes of a total 236. She described herself as "shameless" as she distributed the link to many, many far and wide. Hello? I love it.

She will have a beautiful canvas of that image . . she chose the 11x14 size with plans to hang a second one of baby #2 underneath it in one more year. Can't wait.

So, none of the charity canvases won -- they were #5, #7, and #12. Thank you to those families for lending their images for a great cause! But I get to make the rules and I say that a donation is still in order . . .

I'll be forwarding a donation to CAIRD - the Children's Aid International Relief and Development Association. They are a Canadian humanitarian organization located here in Edmonton. They offer help to children who are orphaned and in need in Romania and South Africa. The programs and initiatives that they support are numerous. Their Mission Statement holds my heart:

One child is so much.

You can find CAIRD contact information here. Thank you to everyone who participated in the canvas contest. You made my first launch week so very exciting to watch!

Stay tuned this week for a quick mini-shoot preview of a super sweet two year old . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am happy that one won. I voted #12 but couldn't decide between the two. I have to say they were all awesome, though. You do lovely work and so nice to donate to such a great cause.