Sunday, March 15, 2009

CANVAS CONTEST: Now THAT was fun - let's try THIS

Woo Hoo. THAT was fun.

I had a complete blast putting my website out there over the weekend!! It was a chance to share a bunch of beautiful families and a bit of myself with lots and lots of people in my life. Now let's hope others take a peek . . .

I was nervous . . . but I want to say THANK YOU for all of the support and amazing emails that have been sent my way. So many of you told me that watching the galleries made you smile and laugh and cry. And oh, I did not want to make you cry, but I LOVE THAT YOU DID.

You see, aside from my love for photography, this work has enabled me to see children, families, and the love that brings them together in a way that breathes new life into me. Children are a precious gift, let me tell you, and I am so thankful to work with those who get that and want to capture it and hold those memories tight. Love it. Thank you.

And in keeping with the thank-you luv, I'm wanting to send some of it back at ya! I'm running a canvas contest this week for some of the families that helped me put together my portfolio (and hence website), over the last year. Many of these grace my website. Some are simply my faves. Others are the ones that people have told me over and over that they make them sigh.

Check out the 12, count 'em 12, entries below and VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE. The contest starts on Monday March 16th and will close on Friday March 20th at 4 p.m.! The image that receives the most votes will win a gorgeous 11x14 gallery wrap canvas of their image as a thank you from me!

Rules and regulations: YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE. And believe me, I can tell if you cheat. If you want others to vote for your fave, send them over here to get voting! Vote in the poll box that is in the right hand column of this blog!!
1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

Also . . . there is more than one image in the running that if it wins, I will donate the proceeds (in lieu of the canvas) to a fave children's charity of mine. I'm not telling which ones they are . . .

Get voting! And thanks again . . .

EDITED TO ADD: Holy smokes!! 139 votes on day one! And so very few cheaters ;) Seriously. You guys rock - six countries represented, too many cities, provinces, states, islands (?) to count. A few people also dropped me a line to let me know what their connection was to the images, and that was cool too - throw a comment in there.

KEEP VOTING. SHARE THE LUV! MWAH.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I was going to vote for #5 and then I saw #7 and just had to ;) thanks!

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE my favorite... :)
Kay I voted-- and had to totally resist the temptation to cheat... BUT I didn't... promise...
xo Steph

Mrs. Stoyko said...

Jenny...

Tears, laughter, cheek bursting smiles....all things that happen while looking over your website and galleries....if only everyone in the world could feel and emanate the love you see and capture in the families and children you have the privilege of working with...

I am truly blown away by your art. So are several of my friends and family who I have shamelessly bombarded with e-mails and Facebook chats about your site. I had no idea you were such a talented photographer, if I had, we would have been conversing about ISO's and lenses long ago...Brock and I just want to wish you all the best, congratulations and way to go on such a monumental endeavor! You will soon become a household name!

Hope all is well,
Nikki Stoyko..
p.s. truly, how could one ever chose just one of the 12?

Kim said...

I know I'm too late, and I know I'm bias, but I love love Love #7.